Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Drive: The Next Big Thing

Yo, I may regret saying this, but I'm getting a vibe about this upcoming new show called Drive that's going to drop on Fox on April 15-16. I think this could be the next Prison Break.

Here's the teaser from the official site:

The next time you’re cut off by crazed drivers on your way to work, give them a little slack. They could be racing for their lives.

DRIVE is an action-fueled drama following a diverse group of Americans competing for their lives (or the lives of their loved ones) in an illegal, underground cross-country road race. Some of them have been coerced into joining “The Race”; others have sought out The Race themselves, hearing rumors of the $32-million prize. Each has a reason to compete. And each must win.

This could be the shit. Or it could be Cannonball Run. Or that cartoon with Muttley in it.

Learn more...

2 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Michelle, be lucky that both of us are taken. We LOVE the same shit. Except for Heroes. (wink) I too am looking forward to this show and I haven't the slightest idea why. In fact, I didn't even know all the stuff you just mentioned until I just read it! I'm ready. And as you can see.. I'm also Back!

Michelle Pessoa said...

I like Heroes. I haven't spoken about it in months, but I think it's going well. Do you subscribe to the Heroes podcast? If not, go to The Tenth Wonder site. These guys are really good at analyzing every episode. They were talking about the significance of roaches in Heroes. I shit you not.

The guys running the site are very responsive. I sent them an email last week asking some podcast questions and questions about the WordPress template they're using and they actually wrote back instantly and told me what gear they use. Nice people.

Back to Heroes, I think the Haitian brother (will he ever get a name??) is related to the late Simone and her father, who owned the building that Isaac the junkie painter lives in. The show is like a soap opera. ;)