Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mitchell Report Predictions

The report on steroid use in baseball is set to be released by former Senator George Mitchell at 2 p.m. today in New York, Rumor has it that there will be many former (and possibly current) Yankees on the list of 60-80 named steroid users.

Since Mitchell was an employee (actually, director) of the Red Sox, I kinda doubt there'll be any Sox names on the list, you know?

These are the Yanks that I expect to see on the list:
  • Roger Clemens
  • Andy Pettitte
  • Tino Martinez
  • Chuck Knoblauch
  • Gary Sheffield (already busted)
  • Jason Giambi (ditto)
I wouldn't be surprised to see A-Rod on the list too. As for the Mets, Piazza and Edgardo Alfonso are likely candidates.

Read more about Mitchell's report (and his Red Sox connections) here.

2 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Well you got Pettitte and Clemens luv. Clemens wasn't a surprise, but Petitte did get me to widen my eyes some. Wow!

Michelle Pessoa said...

I suspected Roger, and Andy is his best bud, so I had my suspicions.

I was very bummed over how Yankee-centric the report was. :( I'm sure that if an effort had been made to get some Midwest and West Coast trainers to squeal, we would've seen names like Frank Thomas and Albert Belle on the list.