Saturday, May 28, 2005

"I HATE YOU!" and Other Fun Things to Say

Obi-Wan to Palpatine: “Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our specialty!”

God, poor Ben probably spent many sleepless nights on Tatooine thinking about that ignorant statement. Sigh.






Obi-Wan: "Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter then this!"
Anakin: "Apparently not."

I liked the role reversal between Obi-Wan and Anakin early in the movie.






Padme to Bail Organa: "So this is how liberty dies... with the thunderous sound of applause."

This line is the only decent thing Padme said or did in the whole movie.






Mace to Palpatine: “The Senate will decide your fate.”
Palpatine to Mace: “I AM the Senate!”

Poor Mace. He didn’t know what the hell he was dealing with.






Obi-Wan to General Grievous’s corpse: “So uncivilized!”

The irony of Obi-Wan killing Grievous with a blaster, not a lightsaber was lost in the movie. They could’ve edited the scene better.






Obi-Wan to Anakin: "Don't even try it, Anakin. I have the higher ground."

This line is indicative how much Obi-Wan did not want to fight Anakin. All he did was defend himself in the fight. His heart wasn’t in it.






Anakin to Palpatine (re: Obi-Wan): "His fate will be the same as ours."

So true. Anakin, Palpatine and Obi-Wan all died violently and all died at the hands of someone they once trusted.






Padme: “...I love you!”

Vader: “LIAR! You're with him! You brought him here to kill me!”

Then he chokes his pregnant spouse. He’s Vader at this point, not Anakin.






Vader: “I do not fear the Dark Side as you do. I have brought peace, justice, security to my new empire!”

Obi-wan: “Your new Empire?”

Vader already thinks he’s the one running things. He totally underestimated Palpatine. So foolish.






Obi-Wan to Vader (sliced up): “You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not become one! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!”

Vader (on fire): “I HATE YOU!”

Obi-Wan: “You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.”

The best lines in the movie.

No comments: