Friday, December 02, 2005

Cruise Day 7: At Sea

The last day of a vacation is always depressing.

I didn't see land today. We're somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. I did see some oil rigs in the distance, though.

We filled out our customs form in preparation for docking in Houston tomorrow. We really didn't buy much. My money was spent on the spa, the Internet access fees and the three tours.

We also received a comments form. I'm still debating whether or not to fill it out. There was a Romanian head waitress at one of the restaurants who was crazy rude to us, then when she realized she'd gone too far she credited one of our meals. She's been sweating ever since. Every time she sees me now she's all smiles and, "Good day madam!"

Beeyatch!

I wanted to book another cruise in advance to get an onboard credit, but mom wasn't interested in booking now. Maybe in 2007. I want to go on a Mediterranean cruise, but I don't like boarding the dogs for 10-14 days.

Some things I need to remember when I book another cruise on this line:

  • Always bring at least one magazine.

  • Don't bother bringing your cellphone charger.

  • Bring a European electrical plug adapter to use with the laptop in the lounge areas.

  • Try to get at least one sunset shot and one stage show shot with either the still camera or the video camera.

  • Bring a hat.

  • Research how much jewelry costs before you go on vacation.

  • Fully configure your laptop before leaving home.

  • Consider getting a small, sturdy suitcase just for the electronic equipment and a soft piece of luggage for the clothes.



Tomorrow will probably be stressful, since we have to leave the ship with the first group of people at 8:00 and get to the airport from the docks by cab for a 10:30 flight. I hope the check in line won't be long.

No comments: