The rules are as follows:
- Come up with 10 words starting with a letter that either you choose yourself or that someone chooses for you.
- These words must be meaningful to you and you must give an explanation of why each word is important to you.
The letter “T.”
- Talk: I’m not much of a talker. It’s a really great day for me if I can get away with only saying a single sentence like, “I’ll be back.” I vastly prefer to write or send email. I feel I can’t be misinterpreted this way. Naturally, this irritates the shit out of many (probably most) people.
- Think: I’m always thinking. I hardly ever do anything impulsive. If it looks impulsive to an outside party, it’s really a calculated risk on my part.
- Time: Having a child at age 40 has made me very obsessed with time. When did he last eat? When was his last bowel movement? When is his next doctor’s appointment? Will I be able to leave work at a decent hour when I go back to work? How many hours is he sleeping? How many hours of sleep does my 71-year-old mother need to function? Will my mother be alive to see her grandson graduate from college, or even high school? Will I?
- Tip: As in “tip the scales.” I so need to lose weight.
- Tired: I get bored with things really quickly nowadays. It’s very disturbing.
- Touch: Oh my God, I HATE when acquaintances freaking touch me. ARRGH! It’s so irritating. Keep your hands to yourself. Say what you gotta say. Don’t paw at me.
- Tough: I’m from Brooklyn. Don’t start.
- Trial: As in “trial and error.” I like to try new things. I’m not afraid to make mistakes, as long as no one knows about it. ;)
- Tune: As in “tune out.” I have a tendency to ignore things and ignore people if I find them incomprehensible or difficult.
- Turn: I don’t wait my turn. I’ll skip you if you hesitate, and I usually don’t notice until after. Oops. That’s, like, an only child thing. Orlando will probably do that too.
If you would like to play the game leave a message in the comments and I will respond in the comments with your letter.