Thursday, June 08, 2006

Redneck Birthday Party

I guess this is cute...

No, fuck it. Who am I kidding? This is scary.

I clicked on a Google ad on one of the Star Wars sites I visit and it took me to Birthday Express, a site where you can buy party accessories, primarily for kids’ parties. They have the typical stuff you’d expect like Dora the Explorer, X-Men, Disney Princesses, etc.

Then there’s the John Deere theme.

John Deere!

I know little kids like trucks and shit, but, honestly, what kind of kid would choose a John Deere theme for his birthday party? That screams redneck. Look, you can even get a tractor piñata! And there’s a DVD for kids featuring all of their products in action.

Freaky.

I know it's all about product placement, but this is too blatant. Imagine a Toyota-themed party for your baby. Or Black & Decker. Ick.

The only thing worse than this is the Special Forces theme where you give all the little kids camouflage and the little green army men. And you buy a tank piñata.

6 comments:

carmilevy said...

Anything to make a freakin' buck. Sad.

What ever happened to simple parties where you pinned the tail on the donkey using materials your Mom made at the kitchen table the night before?

And then you all ate cake that she made.

I miss those innocent days.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Pretty freaky! I went to the site thinking I might find something fun for my birthday, which is coming up! There are quite a few strange Themes...! I am going to go back and look more carefully.

kimananda said...

Yep, that is pretty scary...but then again I know a 2 year old Danish boy who is so in love with trucks and the like that he'd probably go for this. Not for the brand name, just for the cool tractors.

L. D. said...

I can do ya one better...how about an Al Queda theme party....litte boys and girls running around with play play bombs strapped to their chests and the girls in burkas....it would be complete with a bulls eye'd George Dubya poster and a shrine to Osama...
So you see....John Deere is scary....BUT IT COULD BE SCARIER! (lol)
Have you seen the pimp outfits they have for little babies? Yes. GROWN people think this stuff up! lol lol

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Did I tell you about the girl who left me for a tractor salesman?



She sent me a John Deere letter.

Michelle Pessoa said...

LD, yes, I've seen those pimp outfits. You have to wonder about the parents who'd buy that for their kids.

AOC, Groan!