Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I believe that life here...

...began out there.

Actually, no, I don't. I believe that life here began here. And life out there began out there. If it's out there.

But I always dug Patrick McNee's voiceover at the beginning of the original Battlestar Galactica series.

For some reason I can't fathom, the Sci-Fi Channel had six hours of programming on Presidents' Day dedicated to alleged alien crash sites -- one in the UK in the 80's, one in Pennsylvania in the 60's and, of course the Roswell crash. I'm not really seeing the connection, other than that if there are aliens crashing their ships, the president ought to know about it.

Bryant Gumbell was the host of two of the shows. Talk about someone who has totally fucked himself! Whew!

The one thing that was mildly interesting was the surveys they showed before each commercial break in one of the shows. In one survey something like 70% of the respondents said that the government shouldn't keep knowledge of ETs from the general public.

Are you fucking kidding me?

People need to think this through.

How could you let Joe Sixpack know that we have absolutely no control of our airspace?

More on this subject later.

No comments: