Monday, February 21, 2005

Losing is a Disease...

"Losing is a disease as contagious as syphilis." The Natural

Spring training started last week and I'm really not pleased with this year's Yankee squad. They've picked up three new pitchers who are good on paper, but we've been down this road in recent years. I remember Jaret Wright very well from his days in Cleveland. He was a headhunter and a punk.

Randy Johnson. What can I say? If we had had him last year, we wouldn't have lost the ALCS. But this is this year. He's not getting any younger and he's already pissed off the reporters by trying to shove some guy. Hey, this is New York. Guys have been run out of town for far less...

Ed Whitson, anyone?

I don't know anything about Carl Pavano. He was 18-8 last year, but it's harder to go from the NL to the AL. You face real hitters in the AL from top to bottom. I'm scared he'll be another Javier Vasquez and have a meltdown by the All Star Break.

I miss Roger and Andy. And El Duque. :(

I can't see how Giambi is going to make it now that he's off the juice. He barely seemed to handle the pressure when he first came over from Oakland and now he's going to feel he has to put up big numbers to prove he can play without artificial enhancements. Can he?

Bernie's getting old. We need to ease in a new centerfielder before he's really done.

On the bright side, I have no reason not to expect solid performances from Jeter, Sheffield, Matsui, Posada and A-Rod.

And we still have Mariano.

No comments: