Friday, February 11, 2005

iPod Shuffle: The Verdict

I like my iPod Shuffle.

Like I was not going to like it?? The only problem is that it is so small that it is destined to end up in Beren's mouth.

I charged it overnight, held my breath and hit the "play" button at about 8:00 this morning. There was a slight pause, then:

"...One Two checka, Baby let me know what's up..."


At noon I went out and bought better headphones. I didn't even attempt to use the earbuds that came with it, but I had destroyed the earbuds that I've been using with my Palm.

Whose ears are the Apple earbuds made for anyway?? Yoda? They're huge.

I have no complaints so far. If you don't know, the whole gimmick of the iPod Shuffle is that you plug it in, it goes into iTunes and it randomly selects and copies songs until it's full. When you push play it randomly plays back the songs. This is cool, as long as you like what you've got on your hard drive. If you're a musical packrat and you copy shit you don't like, you're going to end up hitting the "next" button a lot.

The result of all of this randomness is that May It Be was followed by How to Avoid Being Hit By Lightning, followed by Down Ass Bitch.

2 comments:

Shahid said...

I have a question about the iPod Shuffle. Do you need to hit eject before you unplug it from your computer?

Michelle Pessoa said...

Hi, Shahid! Are you using a Mac or a PC? I'm using it on a Mac and unless you're in the midst of copying music from iTunes, it's safe to pull it out. I wouldn't try that on a PC.