Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Public Service Announcement

I never do PSA's, but this is too important not to pass along.

You owe it to yourself to sign up for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's email list to get information about product recalls.

I first heard about this list in a magazine and I signed up immediately. The amount of products that get recalled is truely scary. I receive emails 1-3 times a week describing products on the market that have caused death or injury.

Over 50% of the recalls are for products designed for infants and children under ten. If that applies to someone in your household, go to the link below, pick the third bullet ("All recalls only") and enter a valid email address.

I promise they won't spam you.

On-line Form for CPSC Subscription Lists

No comments: