Saturday, January 28, 2006

Belly-Envy

For the first time in my life, I’m concerned that I’m not gaining enough weight. Believe me, this has never been a problem. But as of my last pre-natal appointment two weeks ago, I had gained a net of only four pounds since July. I actually lost weight at one point, despite the fact that I went on two cruises during that time period and the free food tends to make one pack on some pounds.

I’m not quite sure why I’m not gaining the proper amount of weight. I think I’m at least eating the same amount of food (and I was steadily gaining weight before) and didn’t have a morning sickness problem. The doctor said not to worry about it, but I’m worried about it anyway.

Another problem with not getting classically round? I just look extra fat as opposed to pregnant, so people aren’t graciously giving up seats for me on the subway and they glare when I try to squeeze into a seat next to them. :(

No comments: