Sunday, January 29, 2006

Maternity Clothes That Suck

One upside to not having gained the 15-20 pounds I should’ve by now is that I haven’t grown out of any of the suits I wear to work. I bought a winter coat that is two sizes too big back in December in anticipation of ballooning up, but it wasn’t necessary. I wear it anyway, though.

It’s a good thing that I can still wear these suits because NOBODY MAKES BUSINESS ATTIRE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN.*

You can find plenty of jeans and t-shirts, but God help you if you work in a professional environment. And if you were a size fourteen or over to begin with, you can’t find even the casual stuff.

I’ve posted some pictures of what the designers consider to be sensible maternity wear.

Gotta love that tie-died poncho!

*I found one site that has one suit that you could wear in a professional environment. There's a definite opportunity here for someone to make a lot of money if they could fill this vacuum.

2 comments:

Jardena said...

well, maybe the shirts are supposed to be like a neon orange hazard vest, to help people avoid bumping into you, or something like that, maybe. I vote for not so great taste in fabrics by the designers

Chastity said...

Ha! Maternity clothes stink. I can't wait to get back in my regular clothes.