Thursday, July 20, 2006

Another Funny Sports Blog

I found The Off Color Commentator’s blog in a roundabout way, ‘cause the author found my blog doing a Google search.

An excerpt:

Much talk in the New York papers about ARod's disastrous three-error game Monday night. Has he caught Chuck Knoblauch disease and lost all ability to throw accurately? Was he bothered by a sore foot? Simply an off night? Is he finally wilting under the pressure of playing in New York? One other possibility I'll throw out there -- perhaps the Yankees' third baseman was a tad bit distracted because he was worried his colon, spleen and liver were on the verge of exploding in the completely inhumane heat. Lord, it's hot in NY these days. Reminds me of the summer I spent in Micronesia. If it were legal and socially acceptable to go to work in a Speedo and dress shoes, I think I probably would.

OMG, I’ve been saying the same thing to my co-workers. Not about Speedos, about A-rod morphing into Knobby before our very eyes. Soon he’ll be hitting people in the stands with his errant throws. He botched a play at home tonight and because of that we’re in extra innings as I write this.

UPDATE: We just lost the game. Walk off homerun by Vernon Wells. Shit!

No comments: