Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cruise: Day 5 - St. Thomas

Our ship, as seen from the shopping district.
The weather was better today. Warm, but not as oppressive.

We had to go through customs at 7 a.m. this morning. Not sure why.

We went on a tour of Blackbeard's Hill, which the tour guide said actually had nothing to do with Blackbeard. The streets were very clean and the shopping district was nice, but I haven't found anything I really wanted to buy in the last two ports.

We had a lousy lunch that cost us $66 dollars at a restaurant by the waterfront.

The "Planet Ice" show last night actually didn't suck. Since we were way down front in the second row, I could see the costumes clearly and the facial expressions of the skaters. One girl fell down twice, though, so every time a skater leaped I held my breath. I felt sorry for her. The ice was all chopped up. I guess the rink is too small for a Zamboni machine.

I bought another picture of myself. Another $19.

No comments: